Saturday 21 July 2012

The Journey Of Intimacy With Yahweh



Opening prayer
Dear Abba Father. I thank you for all who are reading this post, I thank you that the words that are spoken are your spirit speaking through me. Lord may every word be for your glory, all for your glory. None of me and all of you. I pray that the hearts of those reading will be open and ready to receive your word and you will speak too them specifically and clearly. In Jesus Name I pray.

Amen.

I am on a journey. I started this journey when I was 7 years old. I have grown to understand this is a life long journey of discovery. I'm sure you have heard the saying "In life you never stop learning." I am now 12 years into my journey, I have learned, discovered and grown in many ways. They has been great joy and disappointment. Laughter and heartache. I have made mistakes and got many things wrong. This journey doesn't promise you a life without challenges or a free pass to the easy route. Everyone has the option, everyone is given the choice. This journey is available to anyone who is willing to commit to take it and has a unique and special path lined out for each individual who does.

 Most people if you was to ask them the question, are you a good person? Would be very quick to assure you they considered themselves as good. I have asked this question to many people myself and very few, if any seem to think otherwise. I came to realise the reason for this is that each of us have a yardstick in which we measure ourselves by. Whether it be our parents expectations of us, the media, our friends or work colleagues. Some of our standards maybe high some of them maybe low but will be an influencing factor on how we answer this question. If you haven't realized the journey I am talking about is "A Journey Of Intimacy With Yahweh." Accepting Jesus Christ into your heart and allowing him to be the Lord over your life. So as a follower of Jesus Christ, the yardstick of our lives should be the word of God. It should be our answer to the tough questions, where we go in time of need and what we uphold as the highest form of reality.

So... Answering the question. Most people will say something along these lines. "Compared to my friends, I'm good. I help people. I look after people when they need me too, I go shopping for my grandma because she can't go out anymore, I'm nice to people. I'm a good person." What is the problem with this answer? Well the yardstick that it is been measured by. Take the 10 commandments. We will just look at a few. one of them is do not steal. Have you ever stolen anything before big or small in your life? Another say do not commit adultery. If we look at Matthew 5:27-28 it says 27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. So have you ever looked at another person with a lustful thought? Another one of the commandments says don't bare false witness. Have you ever lied before? Told a little white lie as we call it? Lastly lets take Do not murder. Matthew 5:21-22 says 21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell. Have you ever been angry with your brother or sister? With or without reason? If you, like most have answered these questions honestly I'm sure you will have answered at least one with "Yes I've done that." (I certainly know I can) If this is the case then by your own claims you are a self professed thieve, adulterer, liar or a murderer. Now.... are you still a good person? Would you call the person who broke into your house and stole all your valuables good? Would you call the person who had an affair with your husband or wife good? Would you call the person who lied against you or murdered someone dear to you a good person? When you change the yardstick, the answer to a question most would say "Yes I am a good person." too becomes a lot different. 

Some of you are thinking. "Ok Markus, So I'm not a good person." others of you are in your head still trying to justify yourself as good. I dare to say, we are not good people. Measured up to the yardstick of God's word. We fall short, a long way short Isaiah 64:6 says "We have all become like an unclean thing; all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We are all fading like a leaf, and our iniquities, like a strong wind, are carrying us away." So If I'm not good? What do I do? How to I become good? What is the point? Don't worry. They is an answer! So God knowing that we wasn't good enough to meet his standards and that we would spend eternity in hell sent his son Jesus to firstly show us the example of how we should live. Then he died a brutal death nailed onto a cross. God brought all the judgement that we deserved because of our sin and placed it on Jesus. Sacrificed. The perfect Lamb of God. He rose from the grave on the third day! Conquering death and all so we had a way back to him  after Adam's actions in the garden disconnected mankind from God. Romans 5:19 says 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. What we must do is accept Jesus as our Lord, confessing with our mouths and believing in our hearts. Believing what he did and we shall be saved. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 This is how the journey starts there is a lot that encompasses the journey. It's not an easy journey but it is the only journey that assures us of life and eternal life.Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me John 14:6

If this journey is something you have not started, but you are saying. Yes. I see that I am not a good person. That I cannot meet God's standards but I realise that he sent his son to die for me so I could become a follower of him and be made right before him. If you believe in your heart and you confess with your mouth. That you believe he sent his son to die for you as it says in Romans 10:9, and also it says in Romans 10:13 to call upon the name of the Lord and be saved. You shall be saved. Call out to God. Ask him to speak to you. I would love to know of your decision and can try answer any questions anyone reading may have. God bless you! 

    Acts 17:11|The Noble Christian 

11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Now If you are on this journey, you are my brother or sister in Christ. I love you and want to see you walk in the ways of God. As a followers of Christ. If you have truly accepted Christ into your hearts and truly Love him you will keep him commandments. If you love me, you will keep my commandments John 14:15. The Berean's was seen as people of more noble character because they was eager to receive the word but once they received it they examined the scriptures every day to see if what was spoken was true. I charge you today brothers and sisters in Christ. Do not be deceived. God's word will go forth but not everyone will preach it with pure motives. Be eager to hear God's word and be in God's house but when the word of God is taught. EVERY DAY! examine the scriptures to make sure that your pastor, friend, brother, sister, mother, father or anyone who speaks the word to you is teaching you God's word. God will hold you accountable for your understanding of scripture and actions according to scripture. Do not be fooled, Man is fallible and people will make mistakes and misquote God's word. Be sure to know God's word for yourself and have a revelation of the word. 

Closing Prayer.
Yahweh, Heavenly Father. I ask that you give your people the revelation of the importance of knowing you. Now that they are aware, they are responsible. I ask you that they will take there responsibilities seriously and that though reading your word they will know for themselves what you are saying to them. I ask that you will draw close to them and that everything will flow from there relationship with you. In Jesus name I pray.

Amen.

Love you all. 

Markus.


No comments:

Post a Comment